Why Is Nobody Reading Your Predictive Maintenance Reports?
One of the main upsets of the predictive maintenance experts is that they state that nobody reads their reports. During meetings or when they speak to their clients, they realize that their reports have not been read. This is more common than you think.
Don’t you think it is a waste of time to be writing reports for nobody to read?
The reasons for that to happen are not that your clients are careless, nor that they are bad engineers. The blame is on us, the predictive maintenance experts. These are the reasons why maintenance engineers do not read the reports:
- Instead of reports, they receive an engineering study. Reports are there to inform about the conditions of a machine and what must be done to improve those conditions.
- You send too many reports in separate files that must be open one by one. There is no consolidated information.
- The information they do not want is included, and this means very technical information: spectra, tendencies, diagrams that they do not really see.
- Conclusions and recommendations are too general. They need something more specific otherwise, they pass it by.
- They are only interested in the details of the machines at risk.
Most maintenance engineers assure that they would like to have only an overview of the general status of their machines without the need to read reports and the work orders they must manage.
Power-MI allows you to deliver predictive maintenance reports in a consolidated form for the maintenance departments to see a dashboard with the status of their machines and the automatically generated work orders ready to export to their CMMS or maintenance software.
What is Power-MI?
Power-MI is a cloud based solution that allows you to design & manage your condition-based maintenance plan integrating all techniques into one platform. Easy reporting, automatic work orders and CMMS integration.Read more